Those first weeks of holidays have been productive, for once! I worked hard to get Clalaclan’s skirts done. This outfit is graceful but is composed of an accumulation of skirts layers:
– a hidden boned petticoat :I have to order larger corset bones from England T__T
– a white skirt full of frills: it was really difficult to reproduce the same kind of frills, not flattened like most skirts. I used horsehair braid to add support and gathered the fabric to create the frills. I sewed each of them.
– a ivory circle skirt: I added horsehair braid there too to give more support to the skirt edges
– a ruffled shorter white skirt: I rolled the fabric tightly and ironed it to create nice pleads.
– a star shaped blue and white skirt: I failed the first one I made, I will have to remake the pattern.
– a front band of fabric
I have to sew the waistbands to those layers to truly end those skirts.
The main problem remains the blue star shaped layer: I hope to have it fixed soon. T__T
Here is the general result: none of the layers are properly fixed together, the petticoat lacks nearly all its steel bones, it was just a test for the photo.